INCREASING CLIENT LONGEVITY
Longevity and health span are equally important
|Benefits to your 50+ age clients
- Goals-based planning is table stakes these days
- A solid financial plan is only as strong as the data and assumptions that are behind it. Using a static age, like planning for all clients to live to age 90 or 100, is not personalized.
- Clues from client conversations about family health risks and lifestyle behavior can help create a more customized plan that helps your client maximize their years, including:
- All actively healthy?
- What does extended care look like for them?
- Provides peace-of-mind knowing care costs will be addressed – especially as the pandemic has made health and the cost of care top-of-mind
- Offers an opportunity to make healthier lifestyle choices – health span
- They will feel prepared, with increased confidence and more choice, control and independence in their later years
Life Expectancy Average Probabilities
* At least one surviving spouse
Based on Society of Actuaries RP-2014 Mortality Table projected with Mortality Improvement Scale MP-2017 as of 2018. For illustrative purposes.
Chapters in Retirement