Lumiant has multi-factor authentication enabled to allow you to increase your security. Multi-Factor Authentication, or MFA, is an extra layer of protection used to ensure the security of online accounts beyond just a username and password. It is the latest technology that helps prevent unauthorized access, keeping personal information and accounts safe.
MFA can be turned on by you and your clients by following the process below.
Turning on MFA for your whole practice
If you'd prefer to enable MFA for everyone in your practice at once, your Practice Manager can raise a support request here.
Lumiant will then activate for your site as a whole.
Turning on MFA for your individual login - self serve
MFA for your individual login is enabled through the practice settings function within your Lumiant portal. Watch the video below to see how you can enable this.
Turning on MFA for your clients
You or your clients may choose to have MFA enabled for their login also. To do this, clients can follow the exact same steps as you, which are outlined in the video above.
If you prefer a step by step guide, the steps are listed below:
1. Login and navigate to account settings
2. Navigate to security settings and select either authentication app or Text Message.
Note: Text messages will only be available if the client or financial professional has a mobile number saved to their record. If you or your clients are only seeing Authentication App and prefer SMS, you will need to capture a mobile number.
For Staff, this can be updated in; Settings (cog)> Staff members > Access the staff member > click on the three action dots > View/ edit staff member details> update the mobile number.
For Clients, this can be updated by a financial professional in the Household dashboard> Household details> Edit> update mobile number.
3. You and your clients can select any authentication app they prefer to download on their mobile. In the video above we demonstrated using Authy, we also recommend Google Authenticator, Dupo Mobile and 1Password.
4. Once you've downloaded and registered your authentication app select Get started on the Lumiant screen. This will present you with a QR code. The QR code below is only for demonstration purposes you will be presented with your own unique QR code.
5. Use your authenticator app to scan the QR code, which will link your Lumiant account to your authenticator app.
6. Once complete, hit next on the Lumiant screen and it will ask you for a confirmation code. Your authenticator app will provide this. Enter the code and hit verify.
Congratulations! Once verified, you have enabled 2FA on your account. Each time you log in, it will now ask you for an authentication code that you and you alone will be able to get from your authentication app.
Should you wish to bulk enable MFA for your clients, you can submit a support request here or via the life ring in the bottom right-hand corner of your portal, as pictured below.